Short for Web-based seminar, a webinar is a presentation that is transmitted over the web using a video conferencing software (VDC use Blackboard Collaborate). Our facilitators present their powerpoint slides while speaking over the airways and you can interact via voice or through the live chat facility. Webinars are a great way to learn, interact and communicate with presenters and fellow participants, in an online environment from your office or home.
The recording of the session will be available for participants on the Resource and Network Portal following the webinar. Anyone who registers for a webinar can access the recording following the session.
An email will be sent seven days prior to the webinar containing a direct access link. The email will also outline the requirements needed before attending the webinar.
Please ensure you have the following prior to starting the webinar session:
- access to the participation webinar link (emailed to you a week prior to the start date)
- stable Internet connection
- in order to listen to the audio portion of the presentation, you will need either speakers or headphones
- the optimal Collaborate experience for all users is with Google's Chrome browser. Click hereto download and install
Instructions for logging onto the webinar:
- you can login 10 minutes prior to the advertised start time
- enter your Full Name in the Session Login and follow the onscreen instructions
Anyone who registers for a webinar can access the recording after the session.Within five days following a webinar the recording link will be available in your Resource and Network Portal.
Registration for Professional Development programs are done online on the VDC website. Clicking the Register button on a program information page will take you to the online registration page and payment. Once registration is complete you will receive a booking confirmation email to confirm your registration has been processed.
Through subsidising and covering only the required event running expenses the VET Development Centre maintains affordable professional development. This ensures greater access for the VET workforce to professional learning.
|1 hour Webinar||$80 inc GST|
|VET Leaders Lunch||$99 inc GST|
|½ day workshop||$295 inc GST|
|Full day workshop||$365 inc GST|
|Full day workshop in computer training room||$420 inc GS|
|2016 Teaching & Learning Conference||$499 inc GST|
Payment is required to complete your registration online. Payments can only be made online by Credit Card, via Visa or Mastercard. Payments are processed securely online. Your credit card statement will show a debit for this registration to Cvent, our online registration & payment provider. The address entered should be yours or the cardholders and is used only for security purposes by the credit card provider.
Remember to use each person's email address as the same email address cannot be used to register multiple people to the event. Enter the registrant's details and their email address when indicated to do so. If you or someone else needs a copy of the confirmation/receipt then you can request this on the page 2 of the registration process.
Cancellation of registration must be made at least 7 days prior to the event in order to be eligible for a full refund. No refunds will be given if cancellation is made within 7 days of the event.
Yes, if you are unable to attend a VDC event which you have registered for, you can nominate a replacement for yourself. You will need to provide details (full name, email address and contact number) of your replacement to the VET Development Centre via email on email@example.com prior to the event date.
- Payment is required to attend our Professional Development programs and Events and therefore you may need approval from your organisation to register.
- Delivery of a program by the VET Development Centre will depend on a minimum number of registrations being received.
- The VET Development Centre reserves the right to alter the date of a program if insufficient registrations are received.
- Cancellation of registrations must be made at least 7 days, in writing, prior to the program in order to be eligible for a full refund.
- No refunds are given to non-attendance at the program or for cancellations made within 7 days of the program. Payment is still required if cancellation of registration, in writing, has not occurred prior to 7 days before the program.
- You may wish to nominate a replacement for yourself. Please provide details of your replacement to the VET Development Centre via email; firstname.lastname@example.org
To get the most out of a workshop it is sometimes required that you bring along your teaching resources or complete pre-workshop activities. Pre-workshop activities and resource requirements are outlined in the program descriptions online and also in the program reminder email, which is sent seven days prior to the workshop.
An event reminder email will be sent to registrants seven days prior to a workshop. The email will confirm the times and location of the workshop as well as outline any pre-workshop activities and requirements needed for the day.
The VDC Resource Portal is a Moodle space where you can access VDC webinar recordings.
Access to the portal: https://vdc.moodle.com.au/
Within the five days following your attendance at a webinar or workshop additional resources which the presenter wishes to share with participants will be available in your Resource and Network Portal. See FAQ:What is a Resource and Network Portal?
Your certificate of attendance will be emailed to your nominated email address within one week after attending a VDC workshop or webinar.