Professional Learning for all Skills First providers
The Victorian Government provides funding to the VDC to develop and deliver professional learning programs to supports training providers in maintaining quality practices. The VDC will be delivering blended learning approaches and in person workshops. All Sessions are aligned to the domains and capabilities prescribed in the VET Practitioner Capability Framework (IBSA 2011).
1.1. The VET Teaching Theory and Practice virtual workshops draw on educational theory and VET policy to promote reflective practice and build advanced training and assessment skills.
Teaching Theory Series:
- Learners and How they Learn
- Delivery & Assessment in VET
Teaching Practice Series:
- Creating Supportive Learning Environments
- Evaluating Teaching to Improve Learning Outcomes
- Assessing Learners Effectively
- Creating Effective Learning Experiences
1.2. Quality in Skills First Delivery professional learning sessions are for teachers (trainers and assessors) and other staff directly involved in directing students to Skills First training.
- Quality in Skills First Delivery: Planning Suitable and Appropriate Training.
- Quality in Skills First Delivery: Effective Training and Assessment Strategies.
1.3 The Victorian Government provides free online professional learning to teachers (trainers and assessors) and other staff directly involved in the design and/or review of course content and assessments at Skills First providers. The program supports training providers in maintaining quality assessment practices that are consistent with their obligations as Registered Training Organisations and contracted providers.
- Quality Assessment Practices Blended Learning Program
COMING SOON: FREE 2022 VICTORIAN VET SKILLS FIRST PROFESSIONAL LEARNING PROGRAM
Professional Learning for all ACFE Learn Local Registered Training Providers and TAFEs
The VDC will be delivering two series in this program for Learn Local and TAFE providers aimed at teaching and learning staff, as well as leaders, managers and committee members.
Industry Placement Program for VET Teachers in Government Schools
The Victorian Government is funding the VDC to deliver a professional learning initiative for VET Teachers - the Industry Placement Program.
Professional Learning Program for Current and Aspiring VET Trainers in Government Secondary Schools
The professional learning program aims to equip trainers with the skills required to design and deliver VET in Schools programs to meet the needs of vocational students. The program will focus on five streams:
- VET Trainers and School Leaders engagement.
- Understanding and engaging the adolescent learner.
- VET Training and assessment
- VRQA Sessions.
- VET within Secondary Schools.