2021 FREE PROFESSIONAL LEARNING (PL) PROGRAMS
The Victorian Department of Education and Training provides funding to the VDC to develop and deliver professional learning programs for:
- Skills First training providers
- ACFE-registered training providers
- Family Violence Professional Learning Program
For Semester 2 2021, the VDC is delivering blended learning approaches and in person workshops. All Sessions are aligned to the domains and capabilities prescribed in the VET Practitioner Capability Framework (IBSA 2011).
1. Professional Learning for all Skills First providers
Available in Semester 2:
1.1. The VET Teaching Theory and Practice virtual workshops draws on educational theory and VET policy to promote reflective practice and build advanced training and assessment skills.
Teaching Practice Series:
- Creating Supportive Learning Environments virtual workshop. Completed
- Evaluating Teaching to Improve Learning Outcomes. Completed
- Assessing Learners Effectively. Completed
- Creating Effective Learning Experiences. Completed
1.2. VET workforce: overview of Gender Equity in the adult learning context. This webinar will provide participants with an introduction to the concepts around gender equity in the workplace and the case for working towards gender equality. Completed
1.3. Quality in Skills First Delivery professional learning sessions are for teachers (trainers and assessors) and other staff directly involved in directing students to Skills First training.
- Quality in Skills First Delivery: Planning Suitable and Appropriate Training. Register Here
- Quality in Skills First Delivery: Effective Training and Assessment Strategies. Register Here
1.4 The Victorian Department of Education and Training (DET) is providing free online professional learning to teachers (trainers and assessors) and other staff directly involved in the design and/or review of course content and assessments at Skills First providers. The program will support training providers in maintaining quality assessment practices that are consistent with their obligations as Registered Training Organisations and contracted providers.
- Quality Assessment Practices Blended Learning Program Register Here
2. Professional Learning for Learn Locals
2.1 Leadership for Learn Local managers, coordinators and committees of management. Completed
2.2 2021 Learn Local Learner Journey to Success - Professional Learning Series for Local Local/TAFEs. Completed
3.Family Violence Professional Learning Programs
The Victorian Department of Education and Training has funded the VDC to coordinate professional learning for Vocational Education and Training teachers, trainers and assessors delivering family violence related courses.
Family Violence and Disability Completed
PROFESSIONAL LEARNING PROGRAM FOR CURRENT AND ASPIRING VET TRAINERS IN GOVERNMENT SECONDARY SCHOOLS
The professional learning program aims to equip trainers with the skills required to design and deliver VET in Schools programs to meet the needs of vocational students. The program will focus on five streams:
- VET Trainers and School Leaders engagement.
- Understanding and engaging the adolescent learner.
- VET Training and assessment
- VRQA Sessions.
- VET within Secondary Schools.
Industry Placement Program for VET Teachers in Government Schools
The Victorian Government is funding the VDC to deliver a professional learning initiative for VET Teachers - the Industry Placement Program. For further information.