Professional Learning for Skills First & Learn Local Providers
The Victorian Skills Authority (VSA) funds the VDC to provide free professional learning to Victorian teachers (trainers and assessors) and other staff directly involved in the design and/or review of course content and assessments at Skills First providers and ACFE Learn Local providers to support training providers in maintaining quality practices. All Sessions are aligned to the domains and capabilities prescribed in the VET Practitioner Capability Framework (IBSA 2011).
Professional Learning for Skills First training providers
VET TEACHING THEORY & PRACTICE
The program supports training providers with a 2022 VET Funding Contract in maintaining quality assessment practices that are consistent with their obligations as Registered Training Organisations and contracted providers. The program consists of the following workshops:
VET Teaching Theory Series
- Learners and How they Learn
VET Teaching Practice Series
- Creating Effective Learning Experiences
- Creating a Supportive Learning Environment
- Assessing Learners Effectively
- Evaluating the Impact of Teaching to Improve Learning Outcomes
VET Teaching Career Development
- Getting the Most of Out of Your Professional Development
- Supporting Your Team's Professional Development
QUALITY IN SKILLS FIRST DELIVERY
The Quality in Skills First Delivery program is for training providers with a 2022 VET Funding Contract. The program consists of the following workshops:
- Effective Training and Assessment Strategies
- Planning Suitable and Appropriate Training
- Good Practice Literacy and Numeracy Assessments
- Quality Assessment Practices
COMMUNITY OF PRACTICE - BEST PRACTICE PRINCIPLES
VDC's facilitated Community of Practice focuses on Best Practice Principles for VET practitioners facilitated by VDC presenter, Helen Storr.
This collaborative community provides practitioners with professional learning, facilitated interaction, networking and enrich their professional practice whilst exploring VET education in Victoria and current trends that are impacting learners. This Community of Practice provides an opportunity to enable the development of VET practitioners as Emerging Leaders in the VET sector.
Register for the sessions of interest or register for all sessions.
Professional Learning for ACFE Learn Local Registered Training Providers
The program consists of two series for Learn Local providers. The first aimed at supporting Teaching and learning staff, and the second, a professional leadership series for managers, and committee of management members.
ACFE Learn Local Providers Program consists of the following workshops:
Teaching Vulnerable Learners - Journey to Success
- Teaching Strategies to Improve Learning
- Engagement for Success
- Building Learner Support & Wellbeing
- Supporting Learner Pathways
Professional Leadership Series
- Introduction to VET and Learn Local Governance
- Strategic Planning and Financial Management
Other Funded Opportunities