Short for Web-based seminar, a webinar is a presentation that is conducted over the web using a video conferencing software (VDC uses Zoom). Our facilitators present their PowerPoint slides while presenting and you can interact via voice or through the live chat facility. Webinars are a great way to learn, interact and communicate with presenters and fellow participants, in an online environment from your office or home.
The recording of the session will be emailed to all registrants within 7 days. VDC uses WeTransfer to share our recordings.
Once the registration process is complete a confirmation email will be sent containing the Zoom link to join the webinar at the advertised start time. You can also click on the Calendar appointment attachment in the confirmation email to add the webinar details and Zoom link to your calendar.
Please ensure you have the following prior to starting the webinar session:
- access to the Zoom link (found in your confirmation email or calendar appointment)
- stable Internet connection
- in order to listen to the audio portion of the presentation, you will need either speakers or headphones
Instructions for logging onto the webinar:
- you can login 10 minutes prior to the advertised start time
- enter your Full Name in the Session Login and follow the onscreen instructions
- for more information on Zoom please see our Participant Guide to Zoom
Anyone who registers for a webinar will be sent a link to access the recording within 7 days. VDC uses WeTransfer to share our recordings.
Registration for Professional Learning programs are done online via the VDC website. Clicking the Register button on a program information page will take you to the online registration page and payment. Once registration is complete you will receive a confirmation email to confirm your registration has been processed. If the program is being held online, the confirmation email will also include the Zoom link.
Through subsidising and covering only the required event running expenses the VDC maintains affordable professional development. This ensures greater access for the VET workforce to professional learning.
|Program costs (all GST inclusive):
|1 hour Webinar
|90 minute Deep Dive Webinar
|½ day workshop
|Full day workshop
Payment is required to complete your registration online. Payments can only be made online by credit card, via Visa or Mastercard. Payments are processed securely online. Your credit card statement will show a debit for this registration to Cvent, our online registration & payment provider. The billing address entered should be yours or the cardholders and is used only for security purposes by the credit card provider.
Enter participant details in the ‘Shopping cart’ section of the registration process. If you are registering more than one person, click ‘Add another attendee’ at the bottom. You will then add your details as the ‘Order contact’ in the next section called ‘Checkout’.
Cancellation of registration must be made at least 7 days prior to the event in order to be eligible for a full refund. No refunds will be given if cancellation is made within 7 days of the event.
Yes, if you are unable to attend a VDC event which you have registered for, you can nominate a replacement for yourself. You will need to provide details (full name, email address and contact number) of your replacement to the VDC via email on [email protected] prior to the event date.
- Delivery of a program by the VDC is reliant on a minimum number of registrations being received.
- The VDC reserves the right to alter or cancel the date of a program if insufficient registrations are received. All full refund will be offered to existing registrants.
- Payment is required to attend our Professional Development programs and Events and therefore you may need approval from your organisation to register.
- Cancellation of registrations must be made at least 7 days, in writing, prior to the program in order to be eligible for a full refund.
- No refunds are given to non-attendance at the program or for cancellations made within 7 days of the program. Payment is still required if cancellation of registration, in writing, does not occur prior to 7 days before the program.
- You may wish to nominate a replacement for yourself. Please provide details of your replacement to the VET Development Centre via email; [email protected]
To get the most out of a workshop it is sometimes required that you bring along your teaching resources or complete pre-workshop activities. Pre-workshop activities and resource requirements are outlined in the program descriptions online and also in the confirmation email, which is sent upon registration.
Once you register for a Professional Learning program you will automatically receive a confirmation email. In the session instructions there is a link to a Customer Portal which allows you to manage your journey with us. You can view completed and future session information, access Zoom links to upcoming sessions you are registered in, as well as download copies of tax invoices and certificates of attendance.
If you are having trouble finding your Customer Portal activation or login link, please email [email protected]
If applicable, e-learning resources will be emailed to you prior to the session. If you have any trouble locating your resource, please ask the moderator for the link when you join the live session.
If you have attended a live session, your certificate of attendance will be emailed to your nominated email address within one week.
If you are viewing a webinar recording, please advise us by emailing [email protected] once you have completed viewing, we will then issue your certificate of attendance.