The Victorian Department of Education and Training (DET) engages the VET Development Centre (VDC) to administer a range of initiatives aimed at building VET workforce capacity within organisations funded through Skills First.
2018 DET Funded Professional Development Program
The Victorian Department of Education and Training (DET) has provided Program Funding to the VDC to develop and deliver specific professional development programs for the vocational education sector in priority areas, as a response to the Government’s commitment to quality training outcomes. The programs focus on delivering workforce development training to improve the knowledge, skills and practice of VET teachers, trainers, assessors and improve the learning environment, experience and outcomes for all VET learners. The Professional Development Programs are:
Professional Development for Providers of Accredited Training:
- Professional Knowledge Series (Click here to register)
- Professional Practice Series (Click here to register)
- Professional Learning Series (Click here to register)
Professional Development Specific to Learn Local Organisations:
- Access, Choice and Equity Series (Click here to register)
- Professional Leadership Series (Click here to register)
These programs will be independently evaluated by The Australian Council for Educational Research
Vocational Education and Training (VET) Teachers, Trainers and Assessors Of Delivering National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) Related Qualifications
The Victorian Department of Education and Training (DET) has funded the VET Development Centre (VDC) to develop and deliver specific professional learning for Vocational Education and Training (VET) teachers, trainers and assessors delivering National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) qualifications. This training is part of a suite of quality initiatives under Victorian Government’s Keeping our Sector Strong: Victoria’s Workforce Plan for the rollout of the NDIS.
The key elements of the integrated professional development are:
- Information sessions (Click here to register) – provides an overview of NDIS and factual information, such as relevant legislation and system changes. The session will be complemented with materials or fact sheets
- Interactive workshops (Click here to register) – including round table discussions, Q&A sessions, and plenary discussions
- Masterclasses (Coming Soon) to be led by skilled presenters, including those with lived experience of disability. As well as NDIS content, the session includes practical strategies to enhance teaching and learning.
- NDIS Community of Practice - Network (Click here to register) - This community of practice network is for Victorian VET trainers and assessors delivering NDIS related qualifications
Dates for 2019 Information Sessions, Workshops and Masterclasses will be announced soon.
These programs will be independently evaluated by The Centre for Program Evaluation (CPE)
Professional Development Program on Family Violence for the VET workforce
The VDC and Domestic Violence Resource Centre Victoria (DVRCV) have developed two workshops focusing on:
- Family Violence and Risk Assessment (Click here to register)
- Disclosure in the Adult learning environment (Click here to register)
Professional Development for Community Sector Workers & Government Department Staff
The Victorian Department of Education and Training (DET) aims to improve the learning environment, experience and outcomes for all learners in the vocational education and training (VET) sector. DET is funding the Understanding Vocational Education & Training Series to strengthen the knowledge and understanding of the VET system for workers in the community sector and relevant staff of other Government departments.
The VET Development Centre (VDC) has developed an interactive one-day seminar focussed on:
1. Improving the knowledge and awareness of the VET system
2. Understanding the education and training pathway for clients
3. Accessing education and training services and opportunities for clients
There are 3 dates to choose from (Click here to register)
UPCOMING VDC PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT