The Department of Education and Training (DET) is funding professional development to support training providers contracted to deliver government subsidised training under Skills First. This initiative forms part of the Government’s Skills First commitment to high quality training.
Fully Funded PD opportunities for ACE & Learn Local providers – Now Closed
The ACFE Board provides funded places for Victorian ACE/Learn Local providers to attend PD sessions from the 2019 VET DEVELOPMENT CENTRE (VDC) Professional Learning Program.
The Programs are free for staff employed in Victorian ACFE funded ACE or Learn Local providers. Please note the current funded places are now closed. However new places will become available from May 2019 when the new VDC Professional Learning Program for July – Dec 2019 is released.
Skills First: Assessment
In response to feedback from contracted training providers, the Department of Education and Training (DET) is funding professional development to support training providers in maintaining quality assessment practices that are consistent with their obligations as Registered Training Organisations and contracted providers. click here to register
Who can attend?
Training provider staff with responsibility for ensuring that students are directed to high quality training that maximises the benefit of their Skills First entitlement and as such, are working to meet the Skills First requirement for delivery of suitable and appropriate training. This program is only for training providers with a 2018-19 Skills First contract. You can check your eligibility here
Please note there is a limit of two (2) participants per eligible training provider and four (4) participants per TAFE/Dual sector organisation (taking account of their relative scale and role in the Victorian TAFE and Training system). Each session has a capacity of 30 participants.
Vocational Education and Training (VET) Teachers, Trainers and Assessors Of Delivering National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) Related Qualifications
The Victorian Department of Education and Training (DET) has funded the VET Development Centre (VDC) to develop and deliver specific professional learning for Vocational Education and Training (VET) teachers, trainers and assessors delivering National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) qualifications. This training is part of a suite of quality initiatives under Victorian Government’s Keeping our Sector Strong: Victoria’s Workforce Plan for the rollout of the NDIS.
- Information sessions (click here to register) - provides an overview of NDIS and factual information, such as relevant legislation and system changes. The session will be complemented with materials or fact sheets.
- Wednesday 22 May
- Friday 7 June
- Interactive workshops (click here to register) - including round table discussions, Q&A sessions, and plenary discussions.
- Wednesday 8 May
- Monday 13 May
- Monday 27 May
- Wednesday 12 June
- Masterclasses (click here to register) - to be led by skilled presenters, including those with lived experience of disability. As well as NDIS content, the session includes practical strategies to enhance teaching and learning.
- Thursday 9 May - Communication for people who have complex communication needs and behaviours of concern
- Thursday 23 May - Zero Tolerance
- Wednesday 31 May - Psychosocial
- Wednesday 5 June - Zero Tolerance
- Friday 21 June - Zero Tolerance
- NDIS Community of Practice - Network (Click here to register) - This community of practice network is for Victorian VET trainers and assessors delivering NDIS related qualifications
UPCOMING VDC PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT