2017 has been an exciting year at the VDC. There were many highlights throughout the year, here are a few key achievements that deserve a mention:
- Sponsoring the Trainer of the Year Award at the Victorian Training Awards.
- The memorable VDC Business Breakfast with cricket legend Sir Ian Botham where MC Michael Roberts conducted an intimate interview with Ian, uncovering stories from his amazing life history.
- At our VET Leaders Lunch where Luke Hodge spoke about his experience of creating a team culture and dealing with change (and disclosing he would be playing at another club next year!).
- The always enjoyable VDC Teaching and Learning Conference which focused on Connecting, Collaborating and Capturing the attention of students and industry.
- Hosting Seminars on the impact of the NDIS for RTOs and also the VTA led VET response to the Asylum Seeker crisis.
Finally, we are extremely proud to highlight a key VDC strategic goal that was achieved this year when we opened the doors to our new premises in Collins Street Melbourne. The realisation of our own purpose built premises and the VDC as a physical facility has created a space that belongs to the VET sector and enables flexibility and accessibility for professional development activities and events.
I would like to thank everyone who has supported our Professional Development programs and events in 2017, a year which is shaping up to being a second consecutive year of record participation and engagement in our programs and services.
From all of us at the VDC, we wish you a safe and prosperous holiday break, and we look forward to working with you again in 2018.
Chief Executive Officer