In response to feedback from contracted training providers, the Victorian Department of Education and Training (DET) has funded VDC to provide 10 Assessment workshops during April and May to support Skills First contracted training providers.
The new program being held at the VET Development Centre, Level 8, 379 Collins Street, Melbourne focuses on maintaining quality assessment practices that are consistent with the obligations of TAFE and Registered Training Organisations.
The workshop provides an opportunity to discuss and explore assessment practices, assessment tool design and validation, and share best practice ideas from contracted training providers. The topics covered include
- Assessment Essentials
- The importance of maintaining an effective assessment system
- Exploring poor assessment practices and assessment myths
- Analysing assessment design –
- Developing assessor’s skills in selecting effective assessment methods.
- Assessment tool components
- Validations- empowering you to contribute to improving assessment practices in your organisation
I encourage you to take up this exciting and important professional learning opportunity. For further information and registration details please click here
Chief Executive Officer, VDC