NDIS what does it mean for you?
The Victorian Department of Education and Training (DET) has funded the VDC to deliver an NDIS professional learning program over April to June 2019 for Victorian VET Providers and Learn Local Organisations. The aim of the program is to:
- Ensure VET trainers and assessors are current and able to teach skills required for the NDIS environment
- Connect trainers and assessors with NDIS clients and service providers
- Focus on the fundamental changes in thinking and acting that are required to put the principles of the NDIS into practice
- Provide assistance for the transition to NDIS and enhance the quality of teaching and learning.
2019 NDIS Series includes:
- Information Sessions that provide an overview of NDIS relevant legislation and system changes.
- Workshops to discuss NDIS and explore the workforce and VET implications on the training and assessment of NDIS related qualifications.
- Masterclasses on specialised subjects, Psychosocial, Communication and Zero Tolerance
- Community of Practice – network is for Victorian VET trainers and assessors delivering NDIS related qualifications